Saturday, May 28, 2011

Owen Turns FOUR!!!

All Owen wanted for his birthday was to make popsicles and a birthday cake with mom.  He told me early on that I was only there to supervise.  Owen likes to do things ALL BY HIMSELF.  I think in his mind he thinks he's 30--ready to move out and be his own man.  He did a great job.  He's actually quite meticulous and coordinated.  I was very impressed!!!  

 We're making papaya popsicles from this months O Magazine.  They have papaya, lime juice, sugar, honey and salt.  Yum!  There were lots of different recipes for popsicles.  Check it out.  I plan on making every single one of them.



 I'm tellin' ya, Owen is happy in the kitchen.  He has a glow about him whenever I let him help me. 



 The next six hours will be the longest of their lives.  "Why does it take too long for popsicles to freeze?"
 .

Now it's time to bake the cake.  Owen gets to stay up while Weston goes to bed.  If you know Weston, you know that things don't get done while he's around...bless his heart.

For some reason, Scott doesn't believe in matching pajama tops with bottoms.  I'm pretty sure he just reaches in to their pj drawer with his eyes closed.  Sometimes I think that's how he picks out his own clothes, too.  Ouch!  I love you, Scott.

 Let the cake baking begin!!!

 Sweet endings...


The day has finally come!  He's been doing a count down for weeks now.  This boy is VERY excited to be four...and to open all his presents.

 Weston's in on the action.




We had hot dogs for lunch (per Owen's request) and chocolate cake.  Happy Birthday Owen!


 Look at the pout on this one!  Honest to goodness, this is his face every time we finish eating, "MMMow!" "MMMMowww!"  (More)

10 Things I Love About Owen:
#10--He's a 30 year old trapped in a 4 year old's body.
#9---He cries when he colors outside the lines.
#8---He's the biggest helper in the world.
#7---He talks to Weston like he's a baby, speaking slowly, in a high voice, and repeats himself OVER and OVER.
#6---He always reminds dad not to forget his lunch and catches us if we don't have our seat belt on when the car starts.
#5---He can write letters to family and friends ALL DAY.  This kid is the energizer bunny...NO exaggeration.
#4---His facial expressions when he talks.
#3---All the funny things he says.  My favorite one recently was when he said he wanted to mail a sticker to Grandpa Brian and the Grandpa that lives at Grandma Gayle's house."
#2---His verbatim prayer, that is two sentences and has not varied in over a year.  He's created a word, "Grankthee", which combines "We're grateful" and "We thank Thee", making his prayers even more concise.
#1---He loves to snuggle with his mommy!!!

A bonus, #11---He eats anything I put on the table and tells me how yummy it is :)


4 comments:

Kelsey said...

Happy Bday sweet Owen :) We love, miss and adore you sooo much! Those popsicles look amazing. Your blog is making me hungry. Cutest pictures. Miss you guys like crazy.Dying about the Scott comment. Peeing my pants. Nick has the same problem. bahaha
love you

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Owen! What a super cutie! I love that he loves to be in the kitchen with you!

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

Happy Birthday Owen!! His future wife will thank you for allowing him to cook. All your food looks awesome Owen!!

Anie said...

Stacy!! I LOVE your blog! It's totally cute- don't know what you were talking about. What a sweet post for Owen! Looks like he had a pretty perfect birthday! We LOVE your boys!! We're completely up for swapping anytime you and Scott want a weekend (or longer) getaway!! :) Thanks so much for joining us tonight for dinner- we had a really good time! And I was excited to see the link for the popsicles!! I'm gonna go get me some molds tomorrow! Thanks for sharing! let's hit up the park later this week!