I've come to realize over the last year, that some of the most simple meals I've made are my most favorite. I've made complicated stir-frys before, but I'm telling you, these four ingredients are all you need---they belong together. You can feel confident tossing the teriyaki sauce in your fridge--you know, the one loaded with sugar--because this is as easy as it gets...and SO good for you.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil--Organic Nama Shoyu (You HAVE to get this! It's the real deal. Real Soy Sauce the way it's supposed to be, and the flavor is unmatched. I promise it makes a huge difference)--Grated Fresh Ginger (w/ the microplane zester)--and Grated Fresh Garlic (w/ the microplane zester).
*Tip: Keep chunks of fresh ginger in your freezer at all times. It zests up better than unfrozen, and tastes just as amazing.
*Tip: Keep chunks of fresh ginger in your freezer at all times. It zests up better than unfrozen, and tastes just as amazing.

Once again, there's no exact recipe. But that's the beauty; I usually do about equal parts of ginger and garlic, but if I'm short on one, it still tastes amazing. I stir up the paste with some EVOO to what I feel is the right consistancy (you don't want it to be too thick), then add Nama Shoyu to your liking.

Whatever veggies you have on hand will work. I flash steam them for about five minutes then transfer to a bowl to cool for a minute or two before tossing with the dressing. Sometimes I add a little sea salt to it while I'm eating (depending on how much Nama Shoyu I used).
Delicious! You can eat it just like this, or with some rice.
And this is the number one reason why you should own a food processor
(if you have small children):
Good boy, Weston:)
1 comment:
yummers! Will you make this for me?
Post a Comment