Friday, May 13, 2011

A fresh, EASY twist on Sticky Rice w/ Mangos


What do you do with that warm, delicious, jasmine rice leftover from dinner?

Answer: Make dessert. If you've ever been to a Thai restaurant, you've probably had this mouth watering treat. I wanted it SO BADLY, but didn't want to dig up a recipe & go to all the trouble. So I got creative.


The "white stuff" (from left to right): Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil, Sea Salt, Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (optional), & Evaporated Cane Juice (sugar).

I can't give you proportions. Just stir a little coconut oil into your warm rice allowing it to melt, add a touch salt (depending on how much you used while it cooked), some coconut flakes, and sugar to taste. This is delicious all on it's own. If you actually end up having a mango on hand, consider it a bonus. I lucked out.

Yum.

1 comment:

Paula said...

This looks delicious. I want to try it! p.s.. are you on facebook?