Wednesday, December 31, 2008

T'was a Merry Christmas!

December is such a busy month for us. With birthday parties, and Christmas parties (go, go, go)...I usually end up looking forward to the calm of January.
It's always great to see the fam though. I have the greatest family in the whole world. We love getting together.
Here is just a little bit of what we've been up to the past few weeks. However, it won't tell the whole story (I didn't take nearly enough pictures--Scott would disagree):


Owen & I try to cruise the neighborhood a few times a week and enjoy the snow. This particular day was EXTRA gorgeous!!!

We played with cousin Kaylee quite a bit. They LOVE each other! Kaylee calls Owen, "Owee". It's kind of stuck. We find ourselves calling him Owee about half the time now.

Kaylee is in Owen's pj's because she decided to jump in the tub with Owen, but only cared to take her socks off before getting in. No, I did NOT leave the children unsupervised. I was in the bathroom, and only about two feet away from her. She's a sneaky one:)

This kid used to HATE hats! I never thought I would see the day when he would leave one on. Now, he likes to keep his little beanie on ALL DAY!!! He also loves to put my gloves on.

My dad's Christmas party was at Ruth's Chris this year. There were at least fourteen of us...I know, I'm a terrible historian. I keep meaning to have Jannette e-mail me pictures of the whole group.

As a side note, Ruth's Chris (downtown SLC) is closing their doors on January 10th:( So if you've never had there filet--and you don't want to make the trek up to Park City--you'd better get movin'!

That's right...these were the only present under the tree this year, minus the taser (it was in the mail), and the overnight date night that Scott & I are going to take (we've not had a night away since Owen was born). It was a simple Christmas...but then again, we knew we'd get spoiled from all the grandparents.

Owen had so much fun unwrapping presents! Grandma Karen gave him this cute book of nursery rhymes (we've already read the whole book), and some clothes. Grandma and Grandpa Sundberg made him a really cool set of blocks, and got him some clothes too. Oh, and don't forget the jack-in-the-box from Grandma Gwen.

We hope that all of you had a VERY Merry Christmas, and that 2009 will find you well!

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

it's about time :) Cute pics! You are sooo lucky that Owen actually stays in a stroller! I'm so jealous. LOVE YOU! And peach lotion...and bagels. Lori's bagels. Grab a pencil. I told that "one guy" you said hi.

Stacy said...

Kelsey,
You are a nerd, and I LOVE IT! You should have come to Salt Lake!!!

Paula said...

Stacy, you are one in a million! Your blog, family and pictures are so cute and I so much love to look at them. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog.....you're about the only one who ever writes anything! Have a wonderful New Year!
Love,
Paula

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

owen is so big!!! and soooo cute!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

Merry Christmas!!! It sounds like you had a great holiday with family and friends. I like that you aren't the only one depending on the Grandparents to spoil your kid...it makes me feel less guilty for not getting Miles anything. :)