Tuesday, December 9, 2008

He lives for the outdoors...

Since day one, Owen has LOVED being outside. However, he knows that we won't let him go without shoes and socks. He usually brings us a pair of socks, or two, as a hint. This particular day (a few weeks ago) he was REALLY anxious to leave.

The poor kid has had a little bit of a cold for the last 2 weeks. When you factor that in with how frigid it's been, I haven't been taking him out quite as much. Then yesterday--just when I think he's getting better--he runs a fever all day, and we end up at the Instacare. He is doing MUCH better today, but has decided he is DONE being holed up in this place. The little sweetheart has been crying and screaming at me ALL DAY because he wants to go outside. Well, the snow just wouldn't let up today. I kept telling him that is wasn't going to happen, but he kept telling me otherwise. Just before Scott got home, I broke. ANYTHING for him to stop crying and whining!!! So I bundle him up and we head for the door, but he won't let us leave until I put him in the stroller (of all the days to go in the stroller, he chooses the day with 6 inches of snow on the ground).

I had to laugh as shoved the stroller across the unshoveled walks, and asked myself, "Who runs the show here?". It's not me! His sweet little face was finally content; he got to go outside:)

8 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

What a sweetie! You know he loves the outdoors. You are so cute and patient with lovable Owen. Thanks for the call the other day on the motivation :) I love you. I was dying at your comment "Oh Heidi and stacy.." Gotta love den den and hey, good memory! He does still call me misses..stands for misses pretty. Smart :)

Kelsey said...

You are a sucker! ha ha just kidding. I'm telling ya next time he wants to go outside put him in the stroller and leave him in the courtyard :)
Best quote of the night: "here, take him on a walk...I have to go to the store!" ha ha
I LOVE ME SOME OWEN!

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

You are a good mom to push the stroller in the snow.

ROSIE said...

That picture is classic! He is so dange cute.

Lorna said...

So cute and smart! Did you see you holding Mitchell on my blog? I love it, you look a a great future mom.

Jen said...

JUst give in now they love you but I think they love having you "show" them. Just smile cause you are officially outof office:=)

Andrea Fowler said...

Poor little guy. I hope he gets feeling better soon and requires no more trips to Instacare. Glad to hear it's snowing in Utah!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

Thats a riot! I love it. At least I know I am not the only one who fails to be in charge. I totally know those days of finally giving in, and then I wonder....why didn't I just do this to begin with :) He is getting so big, what a cutie!