Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Butler's Orchard--BLUEBERRIES!

Everyone said, "Go to Butler's Orchard and pick yummy produce for your family". So I did.   I knew I would LOVE the experience, but didn't know how beautiful it was going to be!!!

I'm really in to this sort of thing lately.  When Scott & I got married, I would express to him that I didn't want so much as a gold fish because of the "work" they require.  Now I want a giant garden...with a cow...and chickens (Scott hasn't agreed to the cow, yet).  So much for my minimalist work ethic. 
 
 

 They take you to the blueberry bushes via tractor ride.

I think the boys really had a great time.  They were such good workers.  Even Weston was staying focused on the task. 
However, below are some pictures from the second time we went.  Weston seems to be under the impression that the task was to eat the blueberries.  
There was a Butler's Orchard employee watching him POUND blueberries for probably half an hour.  When we finished, she said, "Wow, that was impressive.  Hunter/gatherer, that boy!  He will never go hungry.  I've never seen anything like it."  
I didn't know weather to laugh or APOLOGIZE...and offer to pay for the "goods" in his belly.  
Way funny, and way embarrassing, all at once.
 
 
 


They also had lots of fun activities set up for the kids all around the farm. 
 
 
 
 
I'm going to be crying for these days once winter hits.  Summer is so fun...yet so fleeting.

2 comments:

Anie said...

I've never been on the tractor ride or done any of the fun activities- dang we're missing out! But yes, when we first moved here I also fell in love and wanted to go back again and again. There are SO many incredible spots out here just like Butler's and just as beautiful. And once it hits Fall you're gonna fall in love all over again and want to freeze time forever!! :)

Kelsey said...

I am dying about Westy! So funny :) He is the best. Ok, Owen looks super old! His hair looks darker or something. Miss you guys like mad