We had so much fun over the 4th! We got together with the Jenkins early in the day for a BBQ. Spencer made his homemade root beer (of course the kids were loving it), and Anie made a beautiful cake, with red white & blue striped layers on the inside (sounds like a lot of work).
After lunch, we put the kids down for naps. At around 4:30, we packed up the cars, and ventured in to D.C. for a spectacular firework show.
We set up camp right next to the Iwo Jima Memorial. It was the perfect spot. Not too crazy or chaotic at all. The cute Barnhurst's joined us for the show. The kids passed the time by eating, drawing, reading, making bracelets (thanks, Becky), and just goofing around.
Almost show time...
(not my picture)
Alas
The finale was very cool. I love this shot; it looks like we're all watching a bomb go off.
I love the 4th of July. It has always been one of my very favorite holidays! I'm so grateful to live here, and so grateful for all the sacrifice that has been given in this country's behalf.











3 comments:
So fun! You look amazing, as always. I sure missed you on the 4th....and 5th..and 6th..you get the point. Looks like you guys are having a blast! Love the pix and all the posts. Wahoo!
ps. Westy and that cute girl have the same smile :) It's a match made in heaven!
Oh I love this! Looks sooo fun. Great pics of DC. Love the yummy strawberry cake. You look dead hot in that pic too. Nice work. Loves
Post a Comment