Friday, June 10, 2011

One Of Those Days

It's been one of those days.  I give half (or less) effort on everything I do.  I rebel against the pattern of cooking, feeding, cleaning---playing, cleaning---cooking, feeding, cleaning---playing, cleaning...  I want to throw out the daily grind and be spontaneous.  Do something crazy.  We went to the pool tonight with the fam after Scott got home, but it just didn't feel crazy enough.  So I'm formulating a plan right now while Scott is tucking the boys in:  I'll take the car and go to the Wendy's drive thru, get french fries and a vanilla frosty (I know it sounds nuts), forget about all the things that need to be done around the house that can only be done once the kids are in bed, and watch a Netflix with Scott.  This is as wild as it gets, folks.  It's nights like these when I wish Owen was old enough to hold down the fort so Scott and I could get lost.

Thanks Heidi, for motivating me to blog on my bad days, too.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

love this!!! You rebel :)

Heidi Ann said...

Oh you KNOW I'm sooo glad you are blogging period! And blogging on bad days...forget about it! Even better! This is soooo funny because Alana and I say this all the time. When it's a wayyy long work day and we want to escape the daily grind or the constant battle of working out and eating healthy, we'll just send each other a text that says "Just want to rebel!" Promise I did it just a few days ago while I was fighting stopping at McDonalds. I fought it hard...then ended up at Betos getting a fatty fat burrito. Good one! However, there is nothing better than rebelling sometimes..AND you're night is as wild as it needs to get! Sounds like a dream with the Wendy's and a movie. Hope it recharged you for the next day. The projects look great and can't wait to see the process and finish. Love you!

Anie said...

Oh you rebel you!!! So did you do it- go to Wendy's and splurge on fries and a frosty then watch a Netflix??? I love it!! Sorry it was such a blah day. We so wished we could have met up and gotten dessert with you guys or something. Boo to Spencer's late work schedule! You're lucky Scott works so close to home. Let's hang out soon!