Once I pulled that first piece of paper off the wall, I knew there was no turning back. I have zero experience with removing wall paper, or painting...but I've decided to dive in head first, anyway. I'm thirty. It's time to learn. Even though it's going to be a lot of work, I need this project. I need to know that I can do it. Scott keeps reminding me that we're just renting, but has come to see I will not stand down. This is happening whether he likes it or not ;)
(He's totally on board now)

I'm very happy to see the orange go. Orange has been overdone in this house. I'll show you the "before and afters" when I'm finished.
This is Owen, a.k.a. "Slave Driver". He will not let me rest until "his" bathroom is done. I'll be feeling a little tired and offer to put on a show for him..."No, I want to work on the wall." "You said we could work on the wall when Weston went down for his nap!"
He'll just sit there humming and singing to himself. He doesn't care how long it takes, as long as I'm working. Then as soon as the paper is softened, he digs right in. I said to him today, "Owen, you are such a hard worker." "How come you like to work so much?" He said, "I don't know, I just do."
...so serious.


4 comments:
That is GOLD!! I would take advantage now, because when he is sixteen you will have to bribe him!! Can't wait to see the after pics:) I am impresed that you take the boys to the pool, I am a sissy! You have motivated me to try and see if we survive. Your boys are adorable, and especially that amazing "Cheese" smile on Weston. Adorable:)
He is awesome. If only Hallie would color for 5 hours straight...
I'm DYING over these pictures! Oh the memories of last summer- helping my mom with their bathroom. It was a nightmare- lots of long nights, hanging out in our "grubby clothes" as my mom calls them. Madi joined in on the action too- she and Owen are two peas in a pod! So, it your wallpaper coming off in big sections or just in little pieces?? My mom said in all her "wallpapering" years she'd never had a bathroom so difficult as the one we did last summer. It was pealing off in little tiny pieces and driving us all crazy. I wish I knew how to help. let me know if you need some company one of these nights. And yay for moms coming out to help!!!!
I hate peeling wallpaper, good thing you have a little helper! Sorry we never got a chance to get together before we left, those last couple of weeks were crazy. I hope you are liking the area! (although I heard the weather has been awful, humid and hot is the worst!)
Post a Comment