Scott recently had a birthday... followed by Father's Day a week later. We tried as hard as we could to let him know how special he is to us.
His b-day fell on a Sunday, so the night before, we went to Cheesecake Factory and enjoyed some delicious food as a family. My mom was coming to visit the following week and I told him we'd go out, just the two of us, when she arrived. It was much delayed, but we did finally go on our date. We had dinner at P.F. Chang's followed by a romantic evening at the temple ;)
Here are some pictures from the Cheesecake Factory:
The next five pictures make me laugh. This is Weston trying to smile for the camera while frantically eating his bananas:
Dying...
As for Father's Day, we started out the morning right with eggs, bacon, toast (rice cakes for most of us), and fresh squeezed orange juice. For dinner I made Tikki Masala (with garbanzo beans instead of chicken) basmati rice, and a yummy hummus tray. The kids made him some darling cards with hand prints and photos on them (okay, my friend Anie gets all the credit for that).
Every year I write him a card and try to put in to words what an amazing father he is. The pictures below really say it all. This past Monday evening, my mom and I took off to run a couple errands. When we got back, the boys told us how Daddy dressed them up in "armor" for Family Home Evening (oops, kind of forgot it was Monday night). Scott and I have been wanting to do a lesson on the "armor of God" for a while now, but didn't really know how we were going to pull it off...seeing as how we don't own any armor (and I wasn't about to draw life sized swords and shields for them to hold). Looks like he pulled it off!!! I was sad to miss it...but at least he thought to take pictures.
Scott, you're an amazing father, and a very creative teacher. Love you.











4 comments:
Awh Stace I am loving the details. Such cute FHE pics. Yes Scott is a wonderful dad. Dying at Weston and the banana smile challenge. Can't wait to hear how it all went with your mom out. So fun. I am loving when you share the menu and what you made. You've got to start linking recipes to the explanation. I have got to try some of these. Hummus tray? Yum.
so cute! I am dying at the banana eating pic. I love him! I miss his faces :) Scott is a great dad, man, wizard. He's a keeper for sure! Get sharing all your recipes asap, or come home and be my chef....after you're down doubling for Axl Rose :) Love and miss you sooooooooooooooo much!
What fun birthday/ Father's Day celebrations!!! Adorable pics! And I loved Scott's FHE- especially that he did it even with you gone- what a great dad!! We might have to steal his armor of God idea! :) And I hear you guys are up an Outer Banks vacation!!! WOO HOOOOO! Looking forward to hanging out tomorrow. Linger longer is probably something we won't do again. Our girls barely ate and just wanted to be crazy! Ah Sundays!
Loving all your posts. You are my inspiration. Miss you!
Post a Comment