Monday, August 15, 2011

Guest Bedroom

After 3 months, we've finally achieved some sort of order in the department of house guests.  It wasn't at all like this when my mom came out in June--and for that, I apologize.


This is Weston, your blind tour guide.  Here he's showcasing the guest bathroom.  It's so not what I envision for the final product, but it works for now.  It definitely needs a decorators touch.  I feel like the color I painted the walls is really stifling my creative juices.  I'm stumped.  Don't know where to go from here.  I can't even find a color of bath towel that satisfies me. 




I'm just so glad it doesn't look like this, anymore...


This is a plug for all our adorable friends and family to come visit us!  The bed is a queen and is extremely comfortable.  We're within 30 minutes of Washington D.C. and I cook every night.  We'll call our establishment a "Bed & Dinner" (I make breakfast and lunch too, but it's usually along more simple lines; no biscuits and gravy).  Come on...take the bait ;)  We miss you all!!!



8 comments:

Gayle said...

I think it turned out really nice and I can hardly wait to stay there and see you guys. I love your blind tour guide. He is the finishing touch that your bathroom needed.

Kelsey said...

sold! Can't wait to come out sometime :) Love and miss you guys like mad!

Andrew said...

i think your guest bedroom looks better than MY bedroom. I will be there in 15 mins.

chaoyi

Anie said...

So now that we're moving- this invitation is extended to the Jenkins right?!?!? :) I LOVE your guest room and can't wait to come back to visit and stay with you guys!!! YOu guys will HAVE to make a trip out to stay with us too!! I say next year instead of Outer Banks we pick a beach in CA!! What do you think about that idea? Hmmmm..... :)

tylerandmommy said...

It looks great!! Thanks for putting up a before picture for comparison. The former tenants were orange lovers huh? I still need to see the rest of your upstairs...if it's anything like the downstairs it is probably beautiful!!

Dan and Bec said...

I really like the color you used in your bathroom! I wish I had more decorative talent! Maybe one day we'll have a guest bedroom...right now guest get to sleep in bunk-beds:)

Karlie Ann Ady said...

To whom it may concern,
I can't get the website working correctly-
We'd like two nights, three days September 17-18.
Are they available?
JK BUT- someday will you be the chef of my restaurant?

Paula said...

Love how your bed and breakfast turned out. Absolutely LOVE the colors! You are quite the decorator. Karen and Kaye are sure looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!