Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Funny Owen

Here are some good lines and conversations from Owen over the years:

Age 3

Owen woke up one morning and found some unfinished popcorn from his mom and dad the previous night.  He was delighted at the sight and exclaimed, "Oh!  It's popcorn poppin' on the apricot tree!!!"

Scott would call Owen "hotshot".  Owen likes to steal his daddy's lines, so often during the day, he'd call me hotshot...
Mom:  Owen, you need you to hurry and finish you food.  We've gotta go!
Owen:  Okay, HOTSHOT.


I had buckled Owen in and was checking something on my phone before getting in, myself.  I was apparently taking too long and Owen said, "Hey, Ponytail!  Get in the car."

Scott sings a lot of ridiculous songs, one of which is "Hello" by Lionel Richie.  It was so funny listening to a 3 year old sing to himself, "Hello...Is it me you were lookin' for?" ...while playing with trucks.


I'll start by saying that Owen has LOTS of grandmas (6 including greats)!  I'm not going to mention names, but one of them tooted and Owen heard.  He looked up from what he was doing and said in a laughing way, "I just keep doin' that, too."


Age 4


Owen:  Can I have a banana?
Mom:  A banana?
Owen:  Ya.
Mom:  No.
Owen:  Cause I have a dollar that says I can.

Owen says to Weston:  You are just doom and destruction!!!

Owen:  Hey, Dad.  Do dogs swim?
Dad:  Yes, they do.
Owen:  How?
Dad:  They doggy paddle
Owen:  But do they have any suits?  (He seemed genuinely confused!  I could tell he was thinking, "No one can swim without a swimming suit...and I've never seen a dog wear one???)

Owen was really excited about the picture he was drawing the other day.  He announced to us all, "So, I'm drawing Owen right now.  So that's why I drawed a big head."  (Scott & I could NOT stop laughing)

We were getting ready for bed and Owen asks us, "How do monsters go to the bathroom?" (SUCH a great question.  I love the things kids think about).
Mom: Uh, to be honest, I don't have an answer for that because monsters don't really exist.  They aren't real.
Owen:  Oh. (pauses for about 10 seconds)...so they don't have a bum and a penis?  (Proof that what you say is not always what they interpret.  He chooses to still believes in monsters, but now is under the impression they have no bum, etc.)

Owen:  I'm still hungry (after a bowl of cereal in the afternoon).  Can I have another little somethin'?
Mom:  Uh, like what?
Owen:  What do you have?
Mom:  Do you want a pita?
Owen:  YA!!!
Mom:  Would that be a good little somethin'?
Owen:  Ya.  Then I'll stop eating snacks and save room for some ice cream.  (I think Owen was reflecting on earlier that morning when I said we could have ice cream after dinner, but it sounded hilarious the way it came out.)

Owen jumped in to my bed to snuggle the other morning.  First thing he told me, "Your hair looks like a smoothie!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have to write these things down FAST!  If I don't write it down, it's gone by that evening.  So sad.  They say some of the greatest things!!!

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

Love him! He is so darling. My fave is the I gotta dollar. Awesome :)

Heidi Ann said...

I love this "hot shot"! Sooo funny! My fave is sayin that he keeps farting too...to his grandma!! hahaha! Love you and miss him so much. I owe him a hand drawn pic asap!

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

That made me smile!! Thanks for sharing...he is adorable:)

Anie said...

Thanks for the good laughs!!! So did you have these recorded somewhere for you to remember back when he was 3! I used to keep a notebook in my bag so that I could write down all the funny things Madi said. Owen just cracks me up- I love his humor!

Andrew said...

Love it so so much!

chaoyi