Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I LOVE THIS SEASON!

SNICKER DOODLE!:

I really am so excited for fall! The crisp air and that smell of autumn gives my spirit a boost... and has brought back a long lost desire to bake!!!

These are truly the best Snicker Doodles you'll ever eat!



1 c. butter, softened

1 1/2 c. sugar

2 eggs

2 3/4 c. flour

2 t. cream of tarter

1 t. baking soda

1 t. salt

cinnamon & sugar

*Cream butter & 1 1/2 c. sugar. Add eggs one at a time while mixing. Combine flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl then add to the butter, sugar and egg mixture. Roll dough in to balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes. Do not grease the pan. (They turn out best for me when I use a silpat, and bake for 9 minutes.)


I must give credit where credit is due. This recipe comes from my brother-in-law's (Brian Hailes) family...HAIL THE HAILES!!!






TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THESE NICE DAYS BEFORE THE WEATHER TURNS:



Last week we went to the park with Haminat & Labake.

I can not believe how beautiful Labake is!!!

They don't see eachother much, but that didn't bother her;)

This picture was taken right after the hug...I wish I could read minds:)

It took about 10 minutes for Labake to warm up to the swings...

...but then it was ALL SMILES!


Owen loves going to Kaylee's house




Yesterday was SO beautiful! We had fun playing out in the courtyard:)


Don't be so nervous Owen:) You should learn to relax around girls.

Uncle Ty is the coolest!



6 comments:

Kelsey said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so fun to play in the courtyard. We loved it! I wish you were coming to Laguna to make Hal smile like that :) I can't wait to get our meal tonight. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lorna said...

Stacy, Snickerdoodles are my favorites too. I am going to make these tomorrow.

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

Yum I love snickerdoodles I will try that recipe because mine the dough has to be in the fridge for an hour:{ Owen is such the ladies man!!

Andrea Fowler said...

I'm drooling over that picture! I'm definitely gonna try that recipe.

Ah, the memories of Oakmont in all it's yellow-bricked splendor! We miss that place, but mostly because of the awesome people who lived there!

Paula said...

Thanks for the Snickerdoodles recipe. I haven't made them for years. Couldn't be a better month to make them now. Just curious....do you have any left overs? :)

Angie Birkeland said...

snickerdoodles are Brian's favorite. I should try them out. I am not a baker so I will let you know if I butcher them or not. Happy FALL!!!