Thursday, October 9, 2008

What Is Your Favorite Treasure?

Yesterday my ward had Enrichment Night. The theme was centered around treasures. We were to bring our favorite treasure inside of a small paper bag. Scott immidiately asks me how he's going to fit inside. Although I laughed it off as if I had just heard a good joke, it is true. Scott & Owen are my greatest treasures. There is nothing of more value in my life than them. I'm so greatful to have such a happy, helping, incredibly smart husband--and a son who takes after his dad. But since I couldn't fit them in the bag...or my Dyson, I decided I would put my camera in. I love taking pictures! I love that we are able to preserve so many memories with such clarity. One of the girls in my ward (a few years older than me) shared her favorite treasures with everyone. She said her mother died when she was only one. She was adopted soon after that, and didn't have as much as a photo of her until about 5 years ago when her older brother (whom she probably hasn't seen since the adoption) tracked her down to mail one to her. It is the ONLY picture she has of her mom. Wow! Priceless. Cameras are a fantastic blessing!

8 comments:

missy d said...

cute stace.... i totally agree!

Paula said...

Stacy... you take wonderful pictures! And I love how you write! Pictures ARE priceless and we probably take them for granted...considering the camera hasn't been around that long. I can't imagine not having pictures of my kids when they were little... or my parents. Cute post. Keep on clicking!

Kelsey said...

you are my treasure :)
Is that his new sweater? I LOVE it!
I too am grateful for cameras...your camera. So embarassing!
I can't believe you didn't put a pic of me in your bag! You know which pic I'm talking about...I think it's at your wedding :)

Angela said...

What a profound post- This really got me thinking early about by my treasures. What a sweet husband you have. And your photos are wonderful!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

I agree! I need to take more pictures, and videos. I always love looking at them, but somehow time goes by without taking them. Thanks for inspiring me to get my booty into gear. (and I mean bootie, you should see it ;)

Lumpy said...

is it bad that i dont know what a dyson is???

Danielle&Lincoln said...

stacy...hey i just found your blog off missy's and your little boy is a model. he is so handsome. You look so cute also. next time kristin and I get together you should come. I would love to see you.
Danielle(Rigby) Clark

w and w said...

How true!!! Amen to the blessings of photos. Owen, is such a cutie I love those pics. I love hearing your thoughts too. Send our love to the ward. How we miss you all!