Monday, November 17, 2008

Vacation to Texas

Scott had a conference in Dallas over Halloween and decided to take the fam. We stayed at the most beautiful resort, the Gaylord Texan (I tried to steal a picture from their website with no luck). This thing was huge; at least 5 or 6 different restaurants, lounges, bars, an indoor and outdoor pool, gym, spa, shopping, and a connecting conference center. The inside of the hotel has a glass top so it almost feels like you're outside, especially with the rivers that they built. Every morning Owen and I ate breakfast at the Riverwalk Cafe and watched the koi swim in the river. Oh, did I mention they also had a vineyard on the hotel grounds, and the whole thing is nestled next to Lake Grapevine. Wow!


I didn't take nearly enough pictures.

This shot with Owen is inside the hotel.




After Scott's conference we spent a few days in Austin with our good friends Marc and Deidra. They are perfect hosts. We plan on spoiling them one day...one day when we have room for visitors :)

They took us all over. One day we walked around Lady Bird Lake next to downtown Austin. That was probably my favorite part...or was it the Hula Hut? We had a great time. Thank you so much Marc and Deidra.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

I love Gaylord Focker....I mean Texan. Can't wait to go there one of these days with you. Let's hope it's easier to get out of than the Luxor and let's hope Heath bars are more acessible.
LOVE YOU!

ugkuyg said...

Hey Stacy, we missed you at Natalie's bridal shower! glad you had fun in Texas though. Hopefully we'll see you at Christmas. Owen is such a cutie!

Andrea Fowler said...

That place sounds amazing! I'm so glad you all got to go. Does Scott have any conferences in Fargo in the near future? We can be pretty good hosts too... ;)