We took a long overdue vacation to Hawaii this fall. It was perfect; the weather, the timing, you name it (excluding our bed, which was like sleeping on the floor).
We decided that this was the year to indulge; Scott & I both turn 30, we've been married for 5 years, our baby hit the one year mark, I survived a very challenging year for me and the kids, and Scott graduates with his PhD in a couple weeks!!! Yes folks, it was time for a party!
Gotta' love the PCC. We did the luau and the show...quite a production!

This was a cool jungle area near a fruit stand where we got some amazing pineapple. We were loving all the delicious local produce.

We were so bummed that the Laie Temple was closed for construction. But the visitors center was open, and was actually really beautiful.


I'm telling you, this may have been my favorite meal the whole trip (Okay, the portobella burger and sweet potato fries from Cheesecake WAS AMAZING!). It's this cute little place in Laie, and the coconut shrimp is to die for.

...Just cruisin' around the island.


My cute friend, Heidi, suggested that we stop and check out Pali Lookout; I am SO GLAD we did! We were in love with the beauty, the misty conditions, and the intense wind--what a spot!
Sometimes the fog was so thick that we couldn't see a thing. But just hang out for 5 minutes, and the wind will force a clearing. FANTASTIC.

Beautiful koi.

What a gorgeous place! It felt so good to soak up the humidity and sunshine for 8 days. I loved being away, but I must confess that I missed my boys like CRAZY! I was chompin' at the bit to see their angel faces. It took all the self-control I could gather not to wake them when we got home. Thank you so much to our amazing parents who took such good care of our babies. I was able to sleep well knowing that they were in good hands.


My cute friend, Heidi, suggested that we stop and check out Pali Lookout; I am SO GLAD we did! We were in love with the beauty, the misty conditions, and the intense wind--what a spot!
Sometimes the fog was so thick that we couldn't see a thing. But just hang out for 5 minutes, and the wind will force a clearing. FANTASTIC.
Beautiful koi.
Beautiful Hawaii.

What a gorgeous place! It felt so good to soak up the humidity and sunshine for 8 days. I loved being away, but I must confess that I missed my boys like CRAZY! I was chompin' at the bit to see their angel faces. It took all the self-control I could gather not to wake them when we got home. Thank you so much to our amazing parents who took such good care of our babies. I was able to sleep well knowing that they were in good hands.



4 comments:
Stacey, what a perfect trip! Congrats on the big 3-0, the 5 yr anniv., & hubby's graduation. You guys totally deserve an 8 day vacay in Hawaii! I'm so glad you had such a relaxing time :)
Oh Boy! So jealous. Looks like you had an amazing time!
so jealous! You guys DESERVED it sooooooo bad. Loved the pix, you look so beautiful :)
Next trip is with the Hansens!
Oh my gosh how did I miss this? You posted a week ago!? Ah the smells and mist and gentle wind and views and everything you described about Hawaii is simply....the best. I couldn't be happier that you guys went and celebrated all the big things this year! 30 30 30...5 years...Scott IS DONE! YAY! You are a doll and I love you and can't thank you enough for the birthday surprise and kind kind words. I know, I thank you with a little Tracy Anderson! Let's meet up soon :)
Post a Comment