Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dr. Scott O. Sundberg, Ph.D.

I still feel like I need to be pinched! I can't believe this day has come!
My sweet husband has been in college for 10 LONG years!!! The first four years were spent on his undergrad in Mechanical Engineering. But for the last six years he's been in a very intense Biomedical Engineering program. I can't tell you the hoops he's had to jump through...the lakes of fire he's had to cross; Putting in late nights and weekends. Staying up until 3 or 4 AM to meet a deadline. Writing countless business plans. Applying for countless grants. Submitting to conferences. Presenting at conferences. Writing LONG papers--with even LONGER titles. Entering challenges (Utah Entrepreneur Challenge) and competitions (Tech Titans--took 1st place). And banging his head against the wall for months when the research was going no where.
But all the while...
Being an incredible husband who always finds time to help me with dishes and snuggle up for a netflix.
An amazing father whose boys absolutely ADORE him--when dad's home, it's like I'm invisible (I'm not complaining;).
Devoted to his church callings (just ask anyone with a boy in the teacher's quorum or cub scouts),
And who's happy to give up any left over time to help ANYONE that needs it! (Serious)
I really don't know how he spreads himself so thin and does it so well, but that's just Scott for ya.
I'm so proud of you! I loved watching your defense. You sounded like such a nerd up there (using a set of vocabulary I've never heard before). Thanks for "dumbing it down" for your fam when you come home each night;) You're the most amazing person I've EVER met. I love you so much!!!

7 comments:

Angela said...

Congrats! Heidi was just telling me what an amazing success you guys are last night on the phone! Enjoy! Life is wonderful!

Lorna said...

So happy for both of you! What an amazing accomplishment. Stacy you forgot to say what a wonderful wife he has who supported him all the way! Here's to an exciting future living with the doctor.

ROSIE said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!!
I would love to hear the nerdy vocab sometime :) A new life begins . . .

Michelle said...

Congratulations to Scott and to you! What an amazing accomplishment! Wahoo!

I am also impressed that Scott was able to do all his schooling, family, and service that he did. He was always good about helping out.

Way to go guys!

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

Congrats! That seems like so much hard work for both of you. Can't wait to hear where life goes next! Sounds like you guys deserve a break!!

Kelsey said...

paging Dr. Sundberg :)
So happy for you guys! It's been a long road, but you are DONE.
Scotty is an AMAZING person and you are a fabulous wifey magoo.
Enjoy your new laundramat ;)

Holladay Duplex said...

First of all, it was so fun to see you guys at Christmas.

Second of all, I'm just soooo thrilled by this. It gives me hope for the future!!