Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sweet Indulgences!

I kind of go through phases with what my treat of choice is. For a long time it was those heavenly Dunford Chocolate Donuts (I think I ODed...can't really eat them anymore). Right now I'm loving 3 things:

1. Snickers (not the huge candy bar, just the "fun" or "mini" size...they taste totally different;)

2. Blue Bunny "Super Chunky Cookie Dough" icecream. If you haven't had Blue Bunny icecream before, make it happen. Delicious!

3. Coffee Cake. This one has taken me by suprise. I can't remember ever having coffee cake until a couple of weeks ago. My neighbor Grace made it for a little get together and now I'm hooked. The recipe she made is from the "Favorites" cookbook, and is WAY easy. Drink it down with a cold glass of milk, and life is good;) Here's the recipe:

Wannie's Coffee Cake

Topping:
1/2 c brown sugar
2 T butter, melted
2 t cinnamon
*Mix together and set aside.

1 1/2 c flour
3 t baking powder
1 t salt
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c shortening
1 egg
1/2 c milk
1 t vanilla
*In a mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients along with the shortening. In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk and vanilla & add it to your dry ingredients. Pour batter into a greased 9" square pan and sprinkle with topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

I hope you like it as much a I do. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

I totally agree about the Snicks! They are just not good when normal size :)
I thought I was your sweet indulgence?!

K and Em said...

Thanks for your nice comments! It is good to be in touch again! I am so guilty of being a lame friend -I'll try to do better! Until then...I'll be lerking in the shadows.......ha ha ha

K and Em said...

Okay, that was kinda scary. :) Love ya girl!!

Heather said...

Hi Stacy,

I'm Heather - Scott's cousin. I decided I need to get to know all my Sundberg relatives a little better and what better way then through blogging. I've added you to my list. Now, hopefully when I see you at all the HUGE Sundberg family parties - I won't be too scared to say hello because I'll actually know your name and something about you. My blog is thebramfamily.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. Looking forward to getting to know you ;)