Monday, July 20, 2009

4th of July Weekend

We had a great holiday weekend. Scott took Friday off and we went boating with his family. It was Owen's first time on the boat, and took a little warming up to, but then he got the hang of it. Every time someone would fall on the wake board he'd say, "Go get 'em". He made SURE no one was left behind:)

Scott had some great runs. I even got out on the wake board...although I regret it. It's a bad idea after months of no physical activity. My forearms were so sore that I couldn't grasp my tank top tight enough to pull it down over my belly. Pretty sad:)


On the 4th we went up the canyon to the Brighton Breakfast. It's a tradition:) My old singles ward puts it on. Later that night we had a BBQ at my sister's house. The kids were all over the snaps and sparklers. And yes, we were done with fireworks before it even got dark (gotta get those toddlers to bed:)




I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th. It's probably my FAVORITE holiday!!!

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

I'm glad Scott got some good runs....

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

That sounds fun and that is so sweet that Owen is so worried about everyone who fell in the water. Your sisters baby is super cute too!

Stacy said...

I'm peeing, Kelsey:)

ROSIE said...

I can't believe you got on the wake board! That is why it feels like baby boy is hanging out :)