Monday, June 1, 2009

Owen Turns 2!!!

My little baby just turned two! I can't believe how big he is...such a handsome young man (takes after his dad:) He was SO EXCITED to have a birthday party with CAKE (mostly because he LOVES blowing out candles), and PRESENTS. He was talking all day about the guests that would be coming to his party. He even waited by the window for about 20 minutes before show time, just waiting for the first person to arrive.


I got this caterpillar cake mold from Williams-Sonoma. I thought it was so cute...and it is. I just don't recommend making it for more than 14 people, unless you want to spend two days on it:)





Owen loves, loves, loves all of his gifts! I've actually been able to get a few things done the last couple days. He just hangs out in his new tent and plays with his toys. I am LOVING IT!!!


Yes, Owen got a stroller for his birthday--but don't worry, it's blue;) Pushing a stroller is probably one of his favorite things to do (no, I'm not trying to rhyme).



HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

11 comments:

Paula said...

Stacy... you're party looks like it turned out so well and fun! I absolutely LOVE the caterpillar cake! How adorable! You are such a great mom. I loved hanging out with you guys too. Will look forward to girls night out!

Lorna said...

Stacy, the cutest cake ever! Good job. Birthdays can take a lot out of you, but it looks like you did great. Happy Birthday Owen, you are such a little sweetheart!

Kelsey said...

Happy Bday Obie! He is darling and I want to kiss his face off :)
Hallie loves his bday toys too, so thank you!
Way to go on the cake, what a cute mom you are slaving like that!

w and w said...

love the cake! how fun! Happy bday Owen! how are you feeling mom?

ROSIE said...

Cutest cake ever! I can't believe how big he looks :)

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

Happy Birthday Owen!! They grow up so fast:( Your cake is really really cute.

Heidi Ann said...

Cute Owen already 2?! I'm loving it! Awesome cake ....good job. You deserved to take it easy for the BBQ and bring flat Dr. pepper! :) whatev, he loved it. The dip was the bomb!...I love that dip you make..oh I've never tried it but it's the best :)

Lorna said...

What dip Stacy, you holding out on us?

Angie Birkeland said...

They grow up so fast. That cake is so freaking cute. Good work! Watch out for the "2's". Especially when the baby comes. Start prepping him daily about the new addition. Life has surely been a nightmare with little Emmi since Jack came home. Don't panic, Owen will probably do awesome. It is just my kid.

Emily P said...

Hey! Congrats on the upcoming baby boy. We just had one and I really like him!

Bethany Christensen said...

OK Girl! I need to borrow that caterpillar cake pan. Finn saw it in the catalog and really wanted to make it. I thought it would go on sale by the time his birthday rolled around but I just checked today and no luck! You are too cute. I cant wait to catch up with you.