Saturday, March 28, 2009

Great Vacation...Bad Timing

Scott & I were in need of a getaway. We found a screamin' deal for a three night cruise to Ensenada, Mexico. I was so excited to just hang by the pool and soak up the sun (I'm SO done with winter). Unfortunately, we saw about 30 minutes of sun the entire time. The only time spent in our suits was running to the hot tub (and I mean running-it was so cold and WINDY). We really DID have a good time, we just had to sip on those pina coladas from inside:) I just find it ironic that the week we take off there's a streak of unusually warm weather here in SLC...and at the same time there is a streak of unusually bad weather in San Diego...but by the time we get home, the good weather is over and we are greeted with snow. Oh well, what can you do?!

The important thing is that we totally relaxed and ate our hearts out;) It was so nice to spend that time together (childless), and just chill. I felt very rested when we got home:)


I only took about three pictures...and here they are!


This was at La Bufadora (the blow hole) in Ensenada.

6 comments:

ROSIE said...

That blows! Darn weather. At least you got some good R&R :)

Paula said...

I've had that happen to me as well! Not much you can do about it. Looks like you guys had fun anyway. It's always nice to have a little vacation without the kids. I saw Owen while you were gone. What an adorable cutie!

Kelsey said...

sorry about the sun! Glad you got to enjoy the good weather and the spring breakers :)
I sure missed you guys, you were gone for 10 years!

The Trenery's said...

Marc and I went on that same cruise and we had the same exact weather! We rented a golf cart to see Catalina in and I had my hoodie on as tight as it could go (attractive.. I know!) and I still couldn't get warm after! At least for both of us...the company was good!

Spencer and Stepanie said...

I love a good getaway no matter the wheather. You and Scott are some good vacationers.

Heidi Ann said...

That DOES blow! Literally. Oh well, at least it's still snowing here in April! so fun to see you last night and share the 'worst' side dish ever..we loved it though! Oh and who paid for it??