You may (or may not) have noticed it's been about 9 months since my last post. Pregnancy has a way of slowing me down. Productivity can be
little to
non-existent.
We've been very anxious for this little guy to get here, but it would appear that he was more so. He was supposed to wait
at least until my mom flew in on Saturday before he made his big debut, but that wasn't in his plans. Early Monday morning (the 21st), around 4 am, things were starting to seem like they were happening; contractions getting a little more noticeable and a little more often than usual. I told Scott we might be having a baby in the next couple of days if this keeps up. However, I was confident that as soon as I got going for the day, things would stop. That's how it goes for me. I never seem to be lucky enough to have a baby in the day time. It's always an all night ordeal leaving us red-eyed and beyond exhausted. Well, like I said, Jeremy was anxious, so the contractions (although slowed initially), kept coming. Still, I didn't think we'd be having a baby that day. I asked Scott to take Owen to preschool on his way to work. When it came time to pick Owen up, I asked Scott to use his lunch break to bring him home (still in denial of what was happening). By the time Scott got here, I had decided I wanted him to take the rest of the day off. Dealing with contractions with Weston around was proving to be interesting. If I had to close my eyes and focus he'd say, "Don't close your eyes, Mom!!!" At one point I was on my hands and knees (because it seemed to be giving me the most relief), and Weston comes over to dangle himself across my back saying, "Look at dis, Mom! Look at dis!" Then he wanted a piggy back ride...
Scott had left a project unfinished at work during his "lunch break" because he didn't know I was going to want him to stay home. Finishing the project would mean he could be back in a little over an hour. I told him just to go and then come right back. He asked if I was sure. I said yes. Ten minutes later I changed my mind. I called him just as he was getting to work and told him just to tell his co-workers he'd be out for the rest of the day. He was home in flash and when he walked through the door I had changed my plan yet again; "Hurry and get bags packed for me and the boys, we've got to GO!!!" We were out the door as fast as we could. A sweet friend of ours offered to take our boys over night, I'm just so grateful that her house was on our way to the hospital, because we BARELY made it in time. We walked in to the hospital at 2:00 pm and Jeremy was born at 2:29. And I did it au naturale...no pain meds! I can't believe it!

Born 21 May 2012 at 2:29 pm. 7 lbs. 5 oz., 20.25 inches with brown hair and an adorable face!
Two very proud big brothers!
We're all
so in love with this little guy! He smells so delicious and I love the way he slumps over when you snuggle him. The boys could not be happier. They just want to look at him, and hold him, and talk to him. It's too cute!
Jeremy, we want you to know how very loved you are! This family wouldn't be complete with out you!!!
10 comments:
Love all the pix! Love you sweet Jeroline! Good times never seem so good! Stace, you rocked it! So happy for you. Give Jer kisses for me xo
Ahhh, this is what I get for moving out of the ward - I didn't even know you were preggers until I saw a post on the G1 google group about baby Sundberg arriving! Love that you got photos up right away on your blog - he is a doll. What an incredible birth story, you are a trooper! Wishing you and baby Jeremy good health and congratulations on your beautiful family of FIVE!!! Owen and Weston are going to be awesome big brothers :)
Oh Stace, you made me cry:) I love your cute family! Congrats
Oh wow! Congratulations!!! I had no idea you were expecting a baby! Hooray! And how fun to have another boy!
Jeremy is adorable and Owen and Weston make wonderful big brothers!
Miss you guys!
Glad you made it to the hospital in time :) He's adorable! Congratulations!
(by the way, May 21 is Alta's birthday too!)
I can't believe I didn't know you were expecting! Well new baby boy is adorable and you look fantastic for just having a baby! Congrats!
Cuties! I can't get over how excited and happy Weston and Owen look. Jeremy fits right in with the handsome Sundberg boys. Congratulations! I loved talking to you and am so happy for your new little addition to the family. Lovies!!
Congrats Sundberg Family,
This is so exciting! I had about the identical experience with number three almost on the hospital floor. Babies wait for no one!
I love the brotherly love. what beautiful baby - you did good in 29 mins girl.
I was nursing when I first read this post so I wasn't able to easily leave a comment. Just gotta say how much I miss you and your adorable family!!! Jeremy is perfect- just like his big brothers! I don't know how long I'm gonna be able to wait to see you guys again. It was so great to chat the other day and get caught up, but oh how I miss your pop in's (like the night you came over with your Whole Foods cereal to hang out and gab with Spence and I :)!!! And I melt at little Weston's smile in the last picture. I've been rereading my posts from last year and came across Weston and Elle's kissy picture! Such fun memories! Let's get thinking on when the next Sundberg/Jenkins reunion is going to be!!! I'm beyond excited just thinking about it!!! :) Give your boys big squeezes for me!
Post a Comment