Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Moving to...

...MARYLAND! Scott got a great job with a company called Canon U.S. Life Sciences. They're located in Rockville, MD, 30 minutes outside of Washington D.C. We are SO excited to move. It sounds like such a fun place, plus I've always had a thing for the east coast. However, we will miss our family and friends DEEPLY. We've been so blessed to be surrounded by so many loved ones for so long--treasured memories!!!
Scott was out there for work this past week and actually found us a place to live. That's right, I trusted my husband to decide where we would live without being present. That's a lot of faith, but I think he did a great job. It's an adorable town home we'll rent for a couple years. These are the only pictures I've seen but I think it will fit the bill:

This is really all I needed to see. SOLD.










Don't worry, the teal is being repainted as we speak ;)








Bottom line, it has three bedrooms and a washer & dryer. Those were my only requirements. But beyond that......there's also an ATTACHED garage, a DISHWASHER, a gas-range stove, 2 master-bedroom walk-in closets, a pool, a kiddie pool, a gym, a playground, a track, (Did I mention it has an attached garage?), and a thousand more square feet than I'm accustomed to. Most of you are probably thinking, "So what?" "Who doesn't have three bedrooms, a washer & dryer, a dish washer, and an attached garage?" I don't. So allow me this moment:) ...Ahhh, feels good.

Oh, the things we sometimes take for granted.

Moving the middle of April. We will miss you all :( Please keep in touch!

9 comments:

Kelsey said...

I miss you already :(*****
Can't wait to skype with you and come visit. I call the teal room. Please leave my glasses on the bed.
SO HAPPY for you guys :)Let's hope the people are nicer than they are in Boston. he he

Heidi Ann said...

Freaking out! That place is BEAUTIFUL! I'd move to tim buck two for that place :) Love the floors and the open feeling and the KITCHEN. You said it girl..SOLD! I'll miss you so much. So happy for you though. You'll be doing 800 loads of laundry everyday....just for fun!! :) Love you and congrats

Lorna said...

You should be able to whip up some gourmet goodies in that kitchen! Congrats on the new job, new digs. You will have a wonderful time while we will miss you here. I hope to still hear some cooking questions from you even way out there. Daniel and Shalane will need to visit you and make you feel welcome out East!

ROSIE said...

Oh Stace! The kitchen is amazing and the garage!!!! We are so excited and can't wait to come visit our cool east coast friends :)

Holladay Duplex said...

Holy COW!! Congratulations!! And seriously...having a washer, dryer, dishwasher, AND and an attached garage...that is the LAP OF LUXURY. Someday our time will come, someday.

I'd say we'll miss you, but we've already been missing you guys for 3 1/2 years! So mostly I'll just say good luck, and we want to hear all about your adventures.

Hopefully we'll still see you at Christmas sometimes!

Michelle said...

Wow! Your new place looks beautiful! I am so excited for you guys! You definitely deserve the luxury of washer/dryer and a garage. :)

Best of luck with the move and everything! I am happy to stay connected with you through our blogs. Can't wait to see pictures of beautiful Maryland!

Levi and Marissa Richins said...

Congrats on the new job Scott! Looks like you will be living in a really nice place. Good luck! We will miss you guys!

Phil and Jill Porter said...

Oh my goodness it's gorgeous! um, how come no one has mentioned the pool and the gym? Hello?! Sign me up!

I will miss you tons! But am soo excited for you. Can't wait for a BFF trip to DC!

Love you!

Paula said...

Stacey... Karen told me you had moved! How exciting for you, but sorry I won't see you for awhile. Your townhouse is ADORABLE! LOVE it!!! I wish you guys the BEST!! Love you!!