Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Merry Christmas!

This Christmas was a lot of fun! It's the first one where Owen understood what was going on. And it was extra cool to have Weston join our family. He was our sweetest gift this year:) I feel so blessed to have the family that I do. My kids are so great, and I don't know what I would do with out my sweetheart, Scott. He is my best friend and I love feeling like he's always looking out for me, and finding a million ways to help and show me he cares. Anytime I'm doing the dishes, he boxes me out and finishes them for me. Just yesterday when he saw me scrubbing (yes, we have to hand wash our dishes) he told me to move over before I hurt myself. He just has the sweetest way about him.
As for my extended family...they're amazing, too! I'm so appreciative for all of the support they are to us. I love all of our get togethers!!!
It's cool to see them all so much during the holidays.
This year we went to my Aunt Lorna's for Christmas Eve. She always makes the most delicious food. This year she had particularly cute place settings, and loads of Martinelli's. It was a wonderful evening!
*******************
Christmas morning was a blast. We woke up and saw Owen peeking through the door at all the Christmas presents around the tree. He just stood there, so quiet, and studied the situation for a good minute or two. Then he came in to our room to tell us Santa came. Leading up to Christmas when we would ask him what present he wanted Santa to bring him, he would say, "a yellow one". We got him to give us a little more detail; he decided he wanted a book in a yellow present. Sure glad Santa came through on that. I hope yellow wrapping paper wasn't hard for Santa to come by during the Christmas season.


I was using the camera to video all the action and forgot to take pictures (oops!). My mom and Brooke came over and had breakfast with us. I made a recipe of my Aunt Lorna's called Berry Breakfast, which is an amazing French toast casserole, along with sausage links, and smoothies. I'll have to post the recipe for the casserole soon. It is SO good :)
After playing with presents for a while, we went to Scott's parent's house and met up with his family for a gift exchange. Good times.

For dinner we went to my Aunt Myra's, who always throws an amazing party!

It was a perfect Christmas!



4 comments:

Kelsey said...

I'm still jealous of "yellow present." You lucky duckies!

Emily P said...

Stacey! It was so fun to see pictures of your fam. I haven't seen Brooke since she was like 5. She is all grown up! Crazy!

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

Seriously that is so cute about the yellow present. I wonder if it will change next Christmas!!

Paula said...

Stacy.. it's been awhile since I've looked at blogs.. but yours is SO cute. I absolutely adore the pics and your kids are just getting more adorable each day! Glad you had a Merry Christmas! Happy 2010! Luv ya!