Tuesday, October 6, 2009

REUNIONS!

CARLSBAD, CALIFORNIA MISSION REUNION
We got together over conference weekend at my mission president's house. President and Sister Studdert are some of the greatest people I'll ever know. They held all of us to a VERY HIGH bar. They saw only in black and white. There was no gray. You were being obedient, or you weren't. No one wanted to disappoint them. It might sound like our good behavior was motivated by fear, but it was the tremendous amount of respect and love for them that was behind the missions no nonsense attitude.
President Studdert is a power house. He was an advisor to three US Presidents. Some of my favorite stories he would tell started with, "When I was on Air Force One..." This man has some incredible stories.
It was cool to see old mission buddies. We shared some good times back in the day.



SKYLINE REUNION
I had my 10 year high school reunion back in August (...and I'm just getting around to stealing the pictures from Kelsey. She's such a great historian;)
It was so fun to catch up with old friends. If I had it my way, these people would still be in my life every day. But instead, life just pulls you apart, and frankly...it sucks! I'm so grateful that our group of girlfriends has stayed so close. I don't know what I'd do without our monthly (at the very least) outings.
I wish I had pictures of everyone! There were so many people I was excited to see.


Trish, Me, Rosie, Heidi and Kelsey
Scott & Me
Matt Coulom
KC Clyde
Koby Speirs

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

I wish I could see Dan Peck daily if it makes you feel better :) That reunion was fun.

K and Em said...

Hey there McGavin! This is Wardle. Long time no talk. I have been spying on your blog and saw the pic with Pres.Studdert (what good memories!) and couldn't remain anonymous anymore. I am so bad at staying in touch though as you know. Maybe we can be blog buddies. Anyways, you look great. Hope all is well. Congrats on the new baby!

K and Em said...

kandemily.blogspot.com

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

Reunions are so much fun to see all your old friends!! Weston is so cute and I am happy that everything is going well!!

Heidi Ann said...

What the? You did NOT just have a baby 2 seconds ago! YOu look adorable! You know the 10 year was tight. It was great when i overheard someone saying "Oh, so is Stacy pregnant?" No, just became fond of beer the last ten years :) Good one! Love you

Christy said...

I can't believe i missed you at the reunion!!! What time did you get there??? We must have left right before you got there - i am SICK about it!!!