It's so heart wrenching to watch your kids get REALLY hurt. I'm not phased anymore by the "everyday" owies...but this one broke my heart. I feel like this kind of stuff happens when my kids are in the best, most adorable moods. :(
He was running as fast as he could down a hill of concrete, and ate it HARD! It took a good 45 minutes to calm his down. I should have thought to give him an apple, sooner. Food always makes things better, right? Owen was wailing the entire car ride home. I looked back, and Weston had the saddest look on his face. He had his pant leg rolled up so that I could see an old owie on his knee (from months ago). I almost burst out laughing. He just couldn't let Owen get all the attention.
He showed me his knee again while I was playing nurse to Owen, and insisted on having a bandaid.
Oh, poor Weston. Do you need an apple, too?





6 comments:
oh my saddest :*( I hate when they get hurt, it's the worst. Hope it heals soon!
That looks like it really hurt. I wish I could have been there to help kiss it better. Loved the sayings, I wish I had thought to write down what my kids said, because I don't remember any of them but I know there were some great ones.
that does look sad, and it looks like it hurt a lot. I am glad the apple helped...by the way, your kids are pretty great, I would have to bribe mine with much better than an apple...meaning, I would have to give them very unhealthy junk food.
Poor Owen! That is so sad! :( Good thing we have apples to save the day!
Poor little guy:( I hate when they get hurt like that. That was cute that Weston needed a band-aid for his ouchie. Food always helps make everything better:)
So glad you took pics right after! What a battle wound! Owen's one tough little guy!
PS. just finished my Williamsburg post- beat you!!! :)
Post a Comment