We had so much fun watching Owen play soccer over the summer. Although not new to kicking a ball, he is new to the whole concept of the game (especially the competitive, GO STEAL THE BALL part). He was the youngest, and probably the smallest on the team. At first it was very hard for him to get in to it. I think he just felt lost. He'd be really with it for the warm up, but as soon as the game started we'd lose him. I think it only made things worse having Scott as the coach. He would see his dad running right passed him and cry for his attention. After the first few games we realized that the bribe of getting an ice cream for scoring a goal, needed to change to getting an ice cream for going a whole game without crying! The good news...bribes totally work for Owen. So each game he got better and better at chilling out and just going with the flow. He even made an effort to kick the ball a couple times (you should have seen me cheer:) So, it really was fun for us...and fun for him to learn a new game and make new friends. He loved ALL his teammates!




3 comments:
Love the soccer pics and Scott as the coach. I need a bribe for ice cream to not cry! :) Can't believe my bf is 3 already. Cute pics. Love you!
I love Santi! Cute pix. I've never seen the one from pizza. Can't wait for it to start up again :)
Good blogging my friend!
There is nothing cuter than little boys in soccer uniforms! Go Owen!
Post a Comment